Monday, June 4, 2012

GEAR


The following list is the gear that I am bringing on my ride.  I have listed the basics of my bike and any modifications I have made.  The rest fits in the panniers as portrayed in the very first post.   

One note I would like to make here is that only one of these items was purchased from REI.  The rest of the gear was purchased through other venders such as Adventure 16 or directly from the company.  A-16 was especially helpful!  They had a great selection of performance gear and the pricing was comparable to REI.  What made A-16 irreplaceable was the advice I was able to get from their staff!  I talked to a couple of their staff who had been on long touring adventures of their own.  This is less common than one might think and unbelievably helpful!

Special thanks to Peter Muffoletto for all his support!

If you would like more information about the gear please let me know. 

PS: I will try and link all these items at some point so you can just click on the item to see where to buy it.

Gear List:

Scattante 650 
Gator Skin tires 
puncture resistant tubes
Tire repair kit
Chain kit
2 spare puncture resistant tubes
small pump
tire tools 
multi tool wrench
knife
2 water bottles 
Helmet
Shoes
2 Bike Shorts 
1 nicker bike pant
3 Jerseys 
Scatante Glasses
Nikon D3100
Sea Summit 4L, 8L, 13L and 2X20L
Panniers
Ortlieb Handlebar bag
Mountain Hardware Rain Jacket
Running funky tights!
Solio Solar Charger
Mac Book Air 11"
computer bag
Phone
ACA Maps and Pacific Coast Ride Book 
1 Fleece pants
1 Fleece shirts
North Face undershirt
1 Jeans
1 Shorts 
3 t-shirts
Compact bag for carrying shit
wool beanie
8 pair of socks
8 tighty whitey
CO-PILOT
puffy coat
Tent Tube
3/4 thermarest
bivy sack Black diamond
REI one man bug tent


3 comments:

  1. Hey Berto,

    Matt Lackey here. The web guy from the ARC. Good luck on your ride man! Looks amazing.

    That is a ton of stuff to fit on that poor scattante :P (got one myself) If you haven't heard of Strava (strava.com), I'd recommend it as an app for you phone to track your entire ride and for people to see where you've been if you post the ride. May eat up some of your battery, but would be an amazing map.

    Have a smooth safe ride!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!!!!! thanks i will download it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. File, you go to great lengths to avoid helping me move!

    ReplyDelete