Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 4

Today went surprisingly well.  I was pretty under the weather yesterday.  I was so stuffed up i could barely breath.  So i decided to stay at The Toadlily hostel in Port Angeles, a beautiful facility!  Buuuuuuut my bunk mate was a very overweight guy who drank 15 Busch beers in about 2 hours and passed out.  No big deal right...NO he snored so loud!  At once he roused himself for his shower i moved to the couch in the common room and rolled around there till abut 8:30am.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep well.  So i spent the morning resting in a cafe and getting some supplies i might need.  I also got my bike tuned and headed out at about 2:30.  I was only planning on going to Fairholm Camp, beautiful location at the western tip of Lake Crescent, but i felt strong and I pushed on.  I ended up in Forks, WA, the Twilight capitol of the world...who knew.  I realized that once I stepped off my bike I was shivering and decided to consider a hotel.  I looked around and apparently a Twilight themed room can be yours for only $99 per night.  Not happening.  I ended up at the Tear Drop "motel."  The lady tells me, "the room is small and no TV.  Is ok?"
Me:  It has a bed, yes?
Her: Oh yes of course.
Me: Perfect.

I must have looked and sounded pretty rough as she discounted the cheapest room they have.  It is essentially a large closet at the end of a double-wide trailer.  The hot water works and my bed is comfy.

My voice is all but gone and my sinuses are so stuffed i get a bit dizzy when i look up.  Decongestants help, but I desperately need this good nights sleep.

This post has been me rationalizing my "hotel" to myself :)  I did stop more and take pictures and video today, so i hope to post those tomorrow.

How bout some stats:
59miles
13mph average
Head winds between 10-20 for the first two hours and 5-10 for the last two hours.
About 3 times as far as I was planning on going and i saw a baby dear.
Sleep well...

2 comments:

  1. Go Berto, go! We're following your adventure and are enjoying the stories.
    Hoping you'll get rid of that cold soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, Buddy! I'm a few days behind on your blog, but not missing any of it. Good call on the hot water and a bed... Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete