Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day one (recap)

EPIC!  Left San Diego 8am, flew to Seattle then Bellingham.  I put my bike together at Fanatik bikes, they were great! I met a guy named Joe who I followed to the local bike coop. The Hub. Then at about 2:30pm I pushed north to Canada.  Turned around and headed back to Belingham.  I ate at the Chuckanut Brewery and Kitchen...they advertised bike parking :)  then i stayed with Judie.  She was at work, but we had breakfast when she got home from her overnight shift.  It was great!
It was a busy, but amazing day.  And so the adventure begins....
Day two has been challenging and I will detail it later.

Day one stats:
56miles
1400 calories burned
average 14.7 mph



For now here is a little video of the flight over to Seattle.
https://vimeo.com/43582801

Send me warm thoughts and hope for less wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment