Monday, June 11, 2012

Days 4 and 5

Days 5 and 6 were all about hitting my stride!
I Finally felt strong on the bike and I cruised 70 miles two days in a row, averaging about 15 mph both days!
I rode through the amazing Rain Forest.  It is unbelievably alive.  There is life and water coming from everywhere, but on this day only a little fell from the sky.
I got to see the Pacific ocean for the first time since I left SD.
I met a really cool guy named Edgar, who is doing a very similar route.  We have been riding together when we can.  It has been nice to have some company.

Edgar in camp.

We camped at lake quinalt and got to see an amazing sunset!
Sunset.

Today we rode another 70miles to Raymond WA where I met the new owner of a bar and motel.  He is remodeling and let us have a room for $20 bucks...BAM hot shower!
The place is called Top Notch Tavern and I HIGHLY recommend it and recommend Raymond as a stopping point.  It has been the most cyclist friendly pace I have been since Port Angeles.

The day are beginning to blur together, but I know that I only have one more day in WA.  And first thing Wednesday morning I will be crossing the Columbia River into OR.


Now I relax and you watch me set up camp :)





Berto

1 comment:

  1. What a great ride for the last couple days!!! How fun!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete